Roy & Pete's Total Fishing Challenge - Version: 2.13f only.

Roy & Pete's Total Fishing Challenge - Version: 2.13f only.

New Website - www.roysfishsim.co.uk

HomeportalSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fishsim collapse to desktop

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sirfishalot

PostSubject: Fishsim collapse to desktop   Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:41

Nee some help please guys. I do not know why but for some reason Fishsim is playing up. It only started doing it yesterday and I have not downloaded anything. If I am on the game everything is fine but as soon as I minimise problems occur
When I click to bring game back up from desk top it either ignores the command or when I go in the game screen . Whatever key I select it collapses back to desktop again. Any idea why all of a sudden this has started to happen??? Any help will be greatly received

Back to top Go down
mrs_dad

PostSubject: colapse   Sat Sep 13 2014, 23:36

hi
you may have to go through previous help topics
as this fault depends on your version of windows
there is a few answers in there.
Only thing I can suggest is to put fish sim on separate drive if you have 1
my hard drive is partitioned into 5 separate 1
and try from there
mrs_dad
Back to top Go down
majuba8
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fishsim collapse to desktop   Sun Sep 14 2014, 07:58

Sometime the sim decide it had enough of a folder and start miss behaving as for why I have no clue. I am on Windows 7 and already have 5 different fishsim folders. I just rename the present folder to fishsim2a and then re-install the game in C:\fishsim2.  I then run it and if it is fine I copy my venues to the new folder run it again and if it work I do the same with  the inf folder and the rest.

I Have just thought of something else perhaps it is a venue that is coursing the problem. Make a new folder venuesOld in your fishsim2 folder move only the *.ven files to this folder except Lot because that is the default venue.  Try it again and if it works then the problem is with a venue.
Back to top Go down
mrs_dad

PostSubject: colapse   Sun Sep 14 2014, 22:31

I have had problems of fishsim on win 7 only after adding vens
All dad does is remove/delete fishsim folder from " c:\program file fishsim " copy whole fishsim folder from back up place and paste back to
c:\program files works every time maybe because it doesn't have new vens in it
just basic fishsim with baits hooks etc in it
mrs_dad
Back to top Go down
sirfishalot

PostSubject: Re: Fishsim collapse to desktop   Wed Sep 17 2014, 03:36

I don't have fishsim on C:\program files. Because there was always a problem with files being sent to the wrong directory . My fishsim has always been on C:/fishsim . Directly on the C: drive itself. It has been on there for 15 years on 3 diff computers. I have only ever encountered a problem if one of the venues had a rogue file. Then it was a case of deleting the .ven file along with the ven folder itself. Or the saved .box .sav had just box or sav with no . infront of it. I have been through 3 or 4 times to check to make sure and the saved section is 100% correct. I have over 1000 .ven files ,and whllst I thought that might be where the problem was. I firstly went to my other fishsim version 211h and its happening on that as well. and that has no venues other that a few of the validated files. I am lost for an answer so unless I can find a solution I am afraid it will have to just be removed altogether. I can't re-install all what I had. Just too much time and effort. Not being in the greatest shape health wise It would cause more problems than It would solve sadly No
It is prob a setting that has been changed without my knowledge. Even with all the security I have on here. It seems I have less control than ever now days. Even sites marked as safe are far from it. Even reputable sites sending viral files. Internet is a very unstable place now. So who knows weather I can fix it . I'll try a few things before i give up Rolling Eyes

Thanks for all the poss causes but none have worked so far
Back to top Go down
roysdad
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fishsim collapse to desktop   Wed Sep 17 2014, 14:50

hi rich i to am having problems like yours but mine is because my old lap top died after coffee got spilt over it so i now have a new one and it has windows 8 init and what a night mare fishsim is to get it running anything like it should,the exe short cut keeps crashing out i have baits and venues with no names to them and if i key on one of them the whole program crashes out and the lap top freezes
Back to top Go down
sirfishalot

PostSubject: Re: Fishsim collapse to desktop   Wed Sep 17 2014, 15:41

yes . I think this has been caused by the latest windows update. Where most people had minimize and it flashed when you had a bite on task bar. Mine is set up to automatically pop up back in game. But now I have noticed also that each time I leave it on screen and afk it crashes as well and the screen looks like its in safe mode. Until i acknowledge the window message that Microsoft will search for a fi to the problem then it goes back to normal. But I don't have the bait issue or pic issue. But im thinking it is something graphic orientated. Unfortunately Microsoft think everything is state of the art and forget the much loved older formats. So we are at the mercy of the techs at Microsoft. They might see the ext we run as obsolete. Just thinking this is not the ony game I have a prob with. exe seems to play up now I have to locate the file from main folder and start from there. Shortcuts seem to be out of sync with main exe for some reason. Totally lost at the moment. lol
Back to top Go down
roysdad
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fishsim collapse to desktop   Wed Sep 17 2014, 15:59

seems we have similar problems i have to start mine up from the main file a short cut is just a waist of time when i minimise the sceen i get all sorts of flashes going across the screen,like you m8 i'm lost now just trying to work my way through one problem at a time just wonder if i have enough years left in me to sort it all out lol
Back to top Go down
majuba8
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fishsim collapse to desktop   Wed Sep 17 2014, 16:06

Your setup of fishsim sound much like mine. The SIM get very sluggish from all the venues it must load on startup. I now know that the SIM only loads venues with .ven files in the venue folder. In the venue folder each venue have 2 obvious files/folders normally with the same name namely a file.ven and a folder with subfolders and files in. All it did to get it quicker again was to make a new folder – right click in the fishsim folder and choose new and folder – and name it venuesOld. You may name it what you want. I then moved all my .ven files here except LOT (please don’t move this as your SIM will crash.) and all venues I regularly use. Only these venues will now be loaded when the SIM start. Also if you leave Only lot.ven is necessary to start the SIM. If it work with this only then one of the venues got a problem. You can always bring back any venue by moving it’s .ven file back to the venue folder.
If you still have problems re-install the SIM in a new folder say c:\fishsim2. Then copy the venues folder to the new fishsim2. And if you are asked if you want to merge just say yes and skip if venues already exits. You don’t have to re-install any venues.
I am not up to speed with windows 8 sorry.
Back to top Go down
mrs_dad

PostSubject: fishsim   Wed Sep 17 2014, 22:13

Hi all
try right click icon then run as administrator
Or
right click go to properties and open then try
run in compatibility mode for winXP
Dad has fishsim on 3 separate partitions on this computer
all copied and pasted over from
c:\program files
and has no problems with any of them
also he re installed win7 to c:\ deleting old win 7 then copied fishsim
from f:\ to c:\program  files still no probs
He does say that a lot of problems are caused by using programs to clean up your computer
these programs most times delete a needed file
he NEVER uses these programs and has very few problems
By the way Sirfishalot copy your ven folder separately and paste elsewhere on computer
then you still have your vens
mrs_dad
Back to top Go down
mrs_dad

PostSubject: fishsim   Wed Sep 17 2014, 22:42

Hi
dad just deleted c;\program.files fishsim/ven folder and pasted ven folder from another fishsim
into c:\program.files\fishsim ven. folder. The new vens came up and worked OK
so you can save your ven folder and reinstate it into fishsim without losing vens
By the way if I am a pain with this info please tell me as I dont want to be and will refrain
from doing so in future
mrs_dad
Back to top Go down
sirfishalot

PostSubject: Re: Fishsim collapse to desktop   Thu Sep 18 2014, 04:18

Not at all Mrs D. I appreciate any help with this. I have stripped fishsim down so that only river lot ven is the only venue to play on. All other venues (folder+ .ven files are in a separate folder. I also did the same with the saved folder . All the .sav .box are in a seperate folder. So fishsim is for want of a better description as it was when first installed. Still the problem is unresolved. So now I am out of answers. I guess i'll just have to delete it from the computer. know the problem is going to be so stupid I should of thought of it by now but it eludes me lol.
Back to top Go down
mrs_dad

PostSubject: fishsim   Thu Sep 18 2014, 08:04

found out sometimes saved files can cause problems copy paste them elsewhere then
delete saved files in fishsim folder then try

Only other thing is the video drivers uninstall your video drivers and try with just the basic windows driver
Or try win 2000 or xp drivers.
win 8 is a bastard for driver problems
on some programs
dad tried win 8 as a update for win 7 running the win 7 drivers it worked OK
mrs_dad
Back to top Go down
sirfishalot

PostSubject: Re: Fishsim collapse to desktop   Thu Sep 18 2014, 10:23

I need the video drivers for more complex gaming. I just installed a brand new version of fishsim to c:/program files and problem is still there. This has never happened in 15 years. So it is not a problem with the game. Something Microsoft has done in an update is causing the issue. But I am far from computer savvy to know what. And I really cannot play the game with it crashing at will. So thank you for all your suggestions it has saved a lot of time crossing things off. But unfortunately fishsim will have to be deleted from my computer. A very sad day indeed.
Back to top Go down
mrs_dad

PostSubject: fishsim   Thu Sep 18 2014, 21:38

Hi
one last suggestion
if you have a video card installed does your motherboard have built in video
give that a try all it means is changing video cord over when needed
from inserted card to onboard
mrs_dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fishsim collapse to desktop